When ignored, water heater leaks can quickly translate into serious issues such as damage to your floor and your subfloor; the leaks can also cause mold and mildew growth.
And on top of all these problems, your heater can eventually fail, flooding your home and leaving you with huge and expensive repairs.
So, if you may be suspecting you have a water heater leak, don’t ignore the minor leaks and have an expert address the issue.
For more signs that your heater is failing, look out for these signs:
- You’re still using an old water heater- an old heater is bound to fail, so be vigilant on the age of your unit.
- You’re frequently running out of hot water – when sediments settle on your tank, they leave less space for hot water hence, less hot water. If the sediments are not cleared, you may end up with a clog or corroded valves, hence failure.
- Unusual noises coming from the heater- strange noises are a clear sign that some components of your unit are failing. It could also indicate there are too many sediments in the tank corroding the valves, hence the noises; either way, you need to address the issue.
- Lowered water pressure – low water pressure can be attributed to faster accumulation of sediments in the tank, again it might be a sign your heater is failing, and you need it addressed asap.
Dealing with a water heater failure
If you notice any of these signs, you need to turn off both the water and power supply and call plumbing services as soon as possible; they know what is best for your unit.
Depending on how severe the problem is, you may either need a water heater repair or probably have a replacement.
Keep your Household Running by Hiring The Plumbing Co. LLC for all your Plumbing Services
Do You reside near Santa Fe, NM, and have plumbing issues? We’re here to help. Our experts handle:
- Water heaters
- Faucets and Fixtures
- Sinks, Showers, and Tubs
- Toilet Install
- Leak Detection
- Pipe Repair
- Plumbing Troubleshooting
- Repair and Service only – no construction
If you need any of these services, give us a call.