It is that time of the year; cool weather, birds singing, flowers blooming, and a cleanup season.
The plumbing system is among the most critical components of your home that you don’t want to neglect this season; it has many nasty surprises when neglected.
So, for this spring, use this checklist to ensure your water system remains in a pristine condition:
- Check for leaky faucets; there can never be too small of a leak. The tiny droplets are a big deal and can waste gallons of water. Get a professional to fix any leaks if you get any.
- Check the water heater; faulty water heaters can cause many other problems, from mold problems and electrical issues to many expensive repairs. So, check for any signs of wear, leaks, rust, or damage and have an expert fix the problem.
- Inspect for clogs in the drains and the sewer; a clog can manifest in several ways, from the foul smell, slow drains, and water backup. Look out for any of these indications and have your clog drain fixed.
- Check if your laundry machine hose needs replacing; over time, the hose does become brittle and cracked and can cause water damage and leakage. The hose requires replacing at least every five years. So how long ago did you replace yours? Maybe the time is now to do so.
- Pay attention to your toilet, not just in spring but also always check your bathrooms for any leaks. Not addressing a leaky toilet would cause more water damage in a time.
Have an Expert Handle Your Plumbing Services
Whether it’s a leaky toilet, a clogged drain, or you need plumbing troubleshooting, the best way to take care of your plumbing system is to let the experts do the tasks for you.
Give us a call.